On Valentine’s Day, Brian and I decided to make dinner at home since we had my boys and make dinner. We decided we wanted to make dinner that was something new. I’ve had scallops before at restaurants but not the way I made them. This was nutty and so delicious.
I was asked about the recipe and what I had included and today I’m going to share with you this delicious recipe that is so simple to do.
- 1 lbs of Scallops (fresh not frozen)
- 1 tsp of Dry Thyme Leafs
- 1 tsp of Dry Sage
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 stick of butter
- Make sure to rinse the scallops before cooking.
- Place the scallops in a paper towel to dry them out for about 5 minutes.
- In a white skillet melt the stick of butter. Reason why I say white skillet because you’ll be able to see the butter change color and not burn the butter. Once the butter is brown (not burnt) remove from the heat and place aside.
- In a skillet on medium high, add the olive oil, scallops and salt & pepper over the scallops. Sear the scallops until they’re brown on each side.
- Once they’re brown add the butter, thyme leafs, and sage.
As you can tell the recipe and directions are super simple. It took me 20 mins to cook them. We served it with mashed potatoes and bacon.
Have you ever had scallops? If so, what’s your favorite recipe?
CHECK OUT THIS MONTHS SPONSOR: