A while back I shared this picture of this delicious Bacon Mac’n Cheese (Penne Version) on my Instagram account. A lot of you asked about the recipe because it looked so good (which it is). It’s seriously one of our favorite meals at home. Plus bacon goes great with anything.
I know there’s a lot of different ways people do mac’n cheese and that’s fine because I also like to switch it up. But here’s my Bacon Mac’n Cheese (Penne Version).
1 box of penne pasta
6 slices of cooked bacon strips (you can use the microwave bacon if you’re in a hurry)
3 tbsp of butter
3 tbsp of flour
2 cups of milk
3 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- Preheat oven at 415 degrees
- Chop up for your cooked bacon strips and set aside.
- Grab a baking dish and spray non-stick cooking spray.
- Once the noodles are ready, drain them and set aside.
- In the same pot melt the butter, add the flour (until it thickens) and then add the milk. Once the milk starts to thicken turn off stove and add 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Add the bacon and noodles and mix well.
- This is when you’re going to layer the pasta with the rest of the cheese. Lay one layer of mac’n cheese mixture then add some cheese, repeat until all the pasta has been added into the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Add the bread crumbs, some cheese and butter pieces if you like and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool down and enjoy.
You guys will seriously love this mac’n cheese. My kids are such picky eaters but this is one of their favorite meals at home. You can also check out these Mac’n Cheese Cups which are perfect for appetizers.
What are your favorite ways to make mac’n cheese?
CHECK OUT THIS MONTHS SPONSOR: