Makeup mistakes. Let’s be real we’ve all done something with our makeup that was a big no-no! I know I have. Throughout the years of learning how to apply makeup and looking back at my old pictures, I’m just like “yikes” when I see them.
Well today that’s what this post is all about and honestly I’m still seeing it around on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
1. Wearing the wrong foundation – okay ladies. This one is definitely still happening and I’m not sure why. Like if you’re going to Ulta they will help you find the perfect shade for your skin. Don’t assume that because you’re “tan” you need to get the tan color because it may NOT match your face. Trust me I’ve done it.
Advice: Ask for help at the stores or match it to your jaw line. Never on the back of your hand.
2. Not blending your eyeshadows -ugh you have no idea how many times I see this. It looks like shit (sorry to use that word) but it does.
3. Over drawing/coloring in the eyebrows – OH MY GOSH! OMG OMG! I can’t express this enough. Do NOT overdraw your eyebrows. Just don’t. I’m sorry but I judge people based on their eyebrows. I see girls that neglect their eyebrows by making them SUPER thin or making them SUPER thick.Here are some makeup mistakes you might be doing. Click To Tweet
4. Wing Eyeliner – I know girls personally that can’t do their wing liner. I want to help them. I know that perfecting the wing liner is hard, trust me it took me 3 years to do so. But there are techniques to help you. Like using scotch tape or a card. I really like the scotch tape technique.
5. Not setting your concealer – I always get asked how I do my concealer and get it to not crease. Setting powder. I like to bake sometimes. Let the powder sit on my face before I brush it off.
6. Not priming your eyelids – when you don’t prime your eyelids, your eyeshadow doesn’t come through and it creases.
7. Using your hand to apply – don’t do this. It’s not going to apply your makeup good. Use brushes.
8. Using eyeliner to smoke out your under eye– I personally know someone who does this and it drives me crazy. Looks horrible. Use eyeshadow when you want to smoke out your lower lash.
So there you have it. These are SOME of the makeup mistakes I see and down below you can find some helpful youtube videos from my favorite beauty vloggers on their “Do’s & Don’ts”
Carli Bybel – Makeup Mistakes to Avoid
ReadySetGlamour – Makeup Mistakes
Be sure to check out these other beauty tips:
What are your biggest pet peeves when it comes to makeup?
CHECK OUT THIS MONTHS SPONSOR: