How many of you have makeup in your drawer and not sure when you got it? I know I do.
Did you know that makeup expires? I didn’t know that before I started to really get into makeup. It’s really important to make sure you throw away the makeup that expires and today I’m telling you when makeup expires.
- Good for: 2-3 months.
- When should you toss it? As soon as you start to notice that its getting clumpy or even smells weird. TOSS IT.
Foundation & Concealer (liquid)
- Good for: 6-12 months
- When should you toss it? If it has separated into layers or the color has lightened, it’s time to buy a new one!
- Tip: Keep it out of the sunlight. The sun UV rays can destroy the preservatives.
Lipstick & Lipgloss:
- Good for: 2 years for Lipstick & 1 year for Lip Gloss.
- When should you toss it? If you notice that your lipstick has gone dry or your lip gloss is extra sticky, they’ve gone bad.
Powder, Eyeshadows & Blush:
- Good for: 2 years
- When should you toss it? Expired powders tend to be more dry and flaky than new ones.
There you have it. Please be sure you toss out of your makeup once they have expired. You don’t want to ruin your gorgeous skin.
Other beauty tips: Why It’s Important to Wash Your Brushes