My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. Yeah only a year. We live together already (you can keep your comments on that to yourself). But we both knew it was just right. He has no kids and I do. He came into this relationship knowing that dating & being with a full time mom was going to be challenging and stressful but let me just tell you he’s been so supportive and I love him more and more everyday for that.
My boys only see their dad every other weekend during the school year, so my boyfriend and I don’t get much of an alone time together. When we do we make the best of it.
Today I’m sharing with you some ways we keep our relationship alive. Keeping your relationship alive is very important in a relationship.
- Date nights = some people don’t know this but taking time is important. You get to enjoy dinner without any interruption of children and you get that alone time to focus on each other.
- Be game for anything = Play video games, try something new, or watching a movie together that you two haven’t seen (oldies are my favorite).
- Harry Potter Marathon = I don’t know about you guys but my boyfriend and I love having Harry Potter marathons lol
- Be supportive of one another = I get asked a lot if my boyfriend is supportive of me blogging and he is. I love that about him. He’s always encouraging me. Vise versa when he wants to do something.
- Game nights = grab a few drinks for the house and play some board or card games.
- Hangout with your friends = having that time with your friends is important. It gives you that time to have a ladies or guys night.
- Have a First Date = dress up and go to the place where you had your first date.
These are some of the things we love to do in order to keep this relationship going.
What do you and your significant other do to keep your relationship alive?
CHECK OUT THIS MONTHS SPONSOR: