Happy First Day of Fall. Although it is 90 degrees in Wisconsin (thanks to the heat wave), I’m still going to start off the first day of Fall by doing a really bold burgundy color makeup look. That’s what this weeks Beauty Mix is all about. Burgundy screams fall. It’s dark, warm, and bold. To be honest this color is my favorite color to rock during the fall season.
In this week’s Beauty Mix I am sharing with you a step by step tutorial on how I achieved this eye look. If this is something you would like for me to include in every one of my looks I share, I’d be happy to do so.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that any clicks may result in a small commission to keeping Jasmine Maria Blog running at no additional cost to you.
Beauty Mix: Burgundy Tutorial
- I am using the ColourPop “Cute AF” palette. Apply the shade “Louie” and “Chauffeur” on your crease for your transition shade.
- On the outer lid apply the shade “Butter Cake“.
- To deepen the color, you’re going to apply the shade “Mischief“. Be sure to blend this color really good.
- Once you have blended the color, you’re going to apply concealer on the inner part of your eyelid to cut crease. This will also create a base for the shimmery shade you’re going to use.
- For the inner eyelid, I used the Osmosis Water Color eyeshadow in “Amethyst“. This kind of eyeshadow is loose so make sure you don’t have your face makeup done because there will be fallout.
- Do a wing liner if you like. I used the Mellow Cosmetics – Gel Liner. Currently my favorite gel liner right now.
- Apply mascara + false lashes.
- Now I wanted a pop of purple on my waterline so I used the PUR Cosmetics On Point Eyeliner in “Rain“.
- You’re going to apply the eyeshadow shades from the ColourPop palette: Louie & Chauffeur on your bottom eyelid.
- Apply the shade Butter Cake close to your waterline and blend it out.
- Add mascara on your lower shades.
- On in the inner corners and brow bone, I used the shade “Pretty in Pink” from Prestige Cosmetics. It’s from their Total Intensity Color Rush collection.
Beauty Mix: Burgundy Products Used:
Eyes: ColourPop Cute AF, Osmosis Water Color eyeshadow, Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity eyeshadow, Mellow Cosmetics Gel Liner, Stila Cosmetics Huge Extreme Lash Mascara, PUR Cosmetics On Point Eyeliner, and Koko Lashes in “Marilyn”.
Face: IT! Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores primer, Catrice Cosmetics Prime & Fine Illuminating primer, Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation, ColourPop No Filter Concealer, POP Beauty Setting 101 Powder, NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer, Physicians Formula Butter Blush (Rosy Pink), and Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator (Riveria).
Brows: Eylure Brow Palette (Dark Brown)
Lips: Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet (Bright Plum) + PUR Cosmetics Velvet Liquid Lipstick (Addiction)
Be sure to check out the other fabulous girls: