This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SSM Health St. Mary’s. The opinions and text are all mine.
Congrats! You’re pregnant but now you have to make a decision on who your doctor is going to be and where you’re going to deliver your baby. These are important decisions you have to make when you’re pregnant. For me, it was super simple to select SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital. If you didn’t yet read my posts on my boys’ birth stories, you can read them here and here.
When it came to selecting what hospital I wanted to give birth at, I wanted a hospital that was going to help me as far as nursing, baby classes, and childbirth classes (especially when I got pregnant the first time).
The SSM Health St. Mary’s Family Birth Suites offers:
- One-to-one expert nursing care to ensure your needs are met every step of the way.
- Childbirth classes for couples so the parents are familiar with what to expect and what to during labor and delivery.
- Baby care classes to help parents get comfortable with how to hold, bond and care for their newborn.
- Experts to help with natural delivery and reduce unplanned c-sections.
- Ronald McDonald house on-site where families can stay if they need to.
- Level III NICU and access to 24/7 maternal-fetal medicine specialists if ever they are needed.
- Lactation specialists so you and baby have a good transition to nursing.
- Access to doulas to help with your delivery.
- Patient-controlled nitrous oxide and aromatherapy to provide just the right amount of calming relief when it is needed.
Two other things that I really loved about SSM Health St. Mary’s Family Birthing Suites is that their birthing suites had a soaking tub, flat screen tv, and extra space for the family to be there. The recovery rooms are like hotels, with a full-size bed and memory foam mattress, a place for dad to sleep, baby-bath sink and warming bassinet.
I highly recommend checking out SSM Health St. Mary’s if you’re pregnant. You will not be disappointed at all. If I were to get pregnant in the near future I would definitely go back. I know friends and family that have gone there and loved it as well.