Hope you all had a good weekend. Brian and I did our engagement photo session with Hart & Fig Photography yesterday. Audrey and I have known each other since high school and I have done a collaboration with her before (which you can see here) and originally I wanted to do something in the fall but to be honest I didn’t want to wait another few months to get our engagement photos done.
When we discussed our engagement photo session, she asked us (mainly me lol) if I wanted to do it early in the am when the sun is rising because of lighting. Of course, I said yes. We picked a location that was very beautiful and she’s photographed before with other couples. Brian and I woke up at 4 am to get ready for our session so we could be in Milwaukee by 7 am!
I will talk about the location we picked when I get our engagement photos back. Because then you’ll be able to see what we both (Audrey & I) had in mind and you can see her creativeness.Haven't done your engagement photos yet? Here are some tips on what to wear to your session and things you should discuss w/your photographer. Click To Tweet
Engagement Photo Shoot Outfit
Today I am going to share with you what I wore to our engagement photo shoot plus some tips from what I learned during this session. Especially if you decide to do your engagement photos by the lake or park.
Picking Out Our Outfits
Because we were doing our engagement photos in the summer, I originally wanted to have a white style dress but then when we picked our location I knew I had to get something floral because it’ll be perfect for the style of photos we were doing.
My Outfit – I saw this floral dress and I immediately fell in love with it. It was exactly what I was looking for. It screamed summer, flowy on midway down and girly. I paired it with some tan wedges (similar pair here) but I also brought my gold flip-flops.
Engagement Photo Tips + Summer Outfit Inspiration Click To Tweet
Engagement Photo Shoot Tips
- Be sure to ask your photographer if the colors you’re going to be wearing is going to photograph perfectly. My photographer managed to share a link about summer fashion for engagement photos so I had an idea of what would look good.
- Complement your outfits BUT don’t match!
- Wear clothes that represents who you are. Don’t wear something you normally wouldn’t or ever wear.
- Wear dainty or smaller pieces when it comes to accessories. You don’t want to wear statement pieces at all. Overall, your engagement ring should be the statement and center of the show.
- If you know you’re going to be doing a lot of walking, bring comfortable shoes to change into. I’m so happy brought my flip flops.
- If you’re going to be doing pictures where it could possibly be wet or moist, bring something small that you’re able to sit on so your outfit doesn’t get ruined. Especially if you’re wearing lighter colors.
- Bring a hair tie! It was so humid and my hair was so frizzy. Of course, I forgot my hair tie at home. SO I had to embrace my inner mufasa.
- Make sure you carry a blotting sheet to remove any sweat or oiliness from your face. [Related Post: Engagement Photo Makeup Tips]
What are some tips would you give to other engaged couples?