Brian and I have been engaged for about 7 months and we wanted to wait until summer to celebrate our engagement. This past weekend we had the pleasure of celebrating our engagement with our close friends and family. It was seriously perfect and fun. I loved it. It was also the FIRST TIME our families met! We definitely don’t know how our families never met during the 3.5 years we have been together.
Our Engagement Party
We had the best time at our engagement party. We were a bit nervous since this was the first time our families were meeting but everything turned out PERFECT. We kept our guest list under 40 people. Cause we wanted this celebration to be intimate and that’s exactly what we got. There were 2 people that were important to me that couldn’t make it which was my brother and 1 of my bridesmaids.
My mom was kind enough to cook the food but I made a vegetarian lasagna for my future mother-in-law. To my surprise she loved it. Which I found on Pinterest.
Engagement Party Tips
You know what? I was shocked by how some people didn’t know what happened at Engagement Parties. Do people not celebrate engagements? Here are my tips for those who will be hosting their own engagement parties.
- PLAN – I have been planning this engagement party since March! I wanted enough time to find a location, come up with a menu and purchase things I needed for the party.
- ASK FOR HELP – I am one of those people who would much rather do everything themselves but for this, I knew I needed help. I asked my mom and bridesmaids to help me out with small things like food, decorations, and setting up. [Relatable Post: Wedding Planning Tips]
- DIY – If you’re able to do this I would totally do it. It’s the best way to save money.
- SHOP SMALL BRANDS – I found 2 of the items like the “He Put A Ring On It” and “Customized Napkins” on Etsy. By doing this you are able to save money and support small shops. I seriously have found a lot of things that I plan to purchase through Etsy for my wedding.
- Keep It Simple – Don’t go overboard on it. This isn’t your bridal shower so you don’t need to spend tons of money. Just worry about the important things like food, drinks, desserts and small decorations.
- Select a Color Scheme – For me, I wanted to stick with Rose Gold and White. I had to get a few things in gold but only because they didn’t have it in rose gold or white.
Cupcakes – Carl’s Cakes (Sun Prairie, WI)
He Put A Ring On It Banner – Paper Supply Station
Rose Gold Plates – Amazon
Rose Gold Utensils – Amazon
Customized Cocktail Napkins – Paper Supply Station
Rose Gold Cupcake Lace Liner – Amazon
Rose Gold Sequin Tablecloth – Amazon
Dress – Shop Tobi
Earrings – Shop Tobi
Shoes – Charlotte Russe (similar)