Photos By: © Amy Lynn Photography
It’s my 30th birthday today. I’m officially the BIG 3-0. You guys have no idea how much I have been dreading this day only because I still can’t believe I have hit another milestone in my life. I remember when I was 10 years old and we celebrated my mom’s 30th birthday, and thinking to myself “one day I’ll be my mom’s age”. IT’S HERE!
I don’t really know what scared me the most knowing I was turning 30 or feeling like I am old. People always say “Age is nothing but a number” but is it? But when I think about being 30, it’s almost like the new 20 at least for me.
I started my life at a very young age, I had Rylan when I was 20, got married at 21 and had Landon at 22 then I got divorced at 23 so I had to do a lot of growing up VERY FAST. I went through so much from age 20-25 that honestly I am proud of myself for getting through it.
Photo Copyrights: Amy Lynn Photography
30 Things I Learned in My 20’s
- Self-care is a must.
- Patience is still an important thing.
- My parents were right about him!
- My mother was right about using anti-aging products at an early age.
- Making friends as an adult is hard.
- Pick and choose your battles. Nobody has time for drama.
- Comparing yourself to someone else is a soul-sucking thing.
- Stay in your financial lane like Kevin Hart said!
- Listen before speaking.
- Learn from your past & failures.
- Laughing at yourself is the best medicine.
- Having a glass of wine every night is okay to do.
- Girls night is a must.
- Asking for help is still okay don’t be ashamed to.
- Trying new things will expand your mind.
- Plan for the future & set goals.
- Being home bodied is okay.
- Drinking half your body weight in water is STILL HARD!
- If all fails, try again!
- Unplugging is good for the mind & soul.
- Its okay to wear leggings every day.
- Wired/Push up bras can get uncomfortable to wear as you get older.
- When all things fail, just put on Harry Potter and have a marathon.
- Having boys are fun to have.
- Having a dog is good for your mental health.
- Step out of your comfort zone.
- It’s okay to chase your dreams now!
- Your metabolism slows down as you get older. (INSERT UGLY KIM CRYING MEME)
- You will find your prince charming.
- Enjoy the moment because time is going to pass anyway.
Outfit + Decor Details:
Dress (similar since it’s sold out)
Watch (use discount code: THEJASMINEMARIA)
Glitter Design Co. (Hello Thirty Cake Topper)