I can’t believe how fast 2018 went by. We are getting ready to ring in the New Year. It literally feels like we were just celebrating 2018. Since we are towards the end of 2018, I am rounding up my top beauty products of this year. I did the same thing last year. But instead of showing you EVERY SINGLE product, I am going to narrow them down to my at least top 5. Otherwise, this post will be a mile long and this post will be long.
Let’s start off with skincare. For me, skincare is so important. I have tried so many products this year but these are my favorite when it comes to cleansers, toners, moisturizers, masks, makeup remover, eye creams, and serums. Basically the whole shebang.
- Dermalogica PreCleanse – I have been using this product since I received it. I love using this when I want to remove my makeup. It’s an oil-based cleanser so it easily removes all of your makeup and preps your skin for a cleanser.
- Elemis Balm Cleanser – Another great way to remove makeup but at the same time it cleanses your skin.
- Paula’s Choice Perfect Cleansing Oil – I can’t believe how fast I used this one. I loved using this to remove my makeup before washing it.
- Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover – Love to use this on stubborn mascara that won’t come off.
- JAFRA ROYAL Boost Cleansing Wipes – Another great product to use when it comes to removing makeup or even to just cleanse your skin when you wake up in the am.
[Related Post: JAFRA ROYAL Boost Review]
- GlamGlow Supercleanse – It’s a clearing cream to foam cleanser that contains 3 blends of charcoal to help detoxify your skin.
- First Aid Beauty Cleanser – As someone who gets occasional breakouts this is amazing for that.
- Olay Cleansing Infusion with Deep Sea Kelp – Freaking love this and how my skin feels.
- Elemis Gentle Foaming Wash – I tried their sample size of this and immediately loved it. So great on the skin.
- JAFRA ROYAL Boost Purifying Gel Cleanser – Helps gently exfoliate the skin and unclogs the pores.
[Related Post: How to Get a Summer Glow from a Soy-Based Facial Cleanser]
- Elemis Peptide4 Thousand Flower Mask – It’s a black mask but not like any other black mask. It helps improves the skin radiance, minimizes pores and evens out your skin tone.
- GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Mask – Some people don’t like this mask because it’s hard on the skin. But I’ve had no issues. It does tingle a bit but it definitely helps when it comes to clearing out your skin.
- Olay Clay Stick Pore Detox – If you ever need a little detox on your pores quickly apply this for 15 minutes. Also no mess. [Read more about it here]
- Puristry Flower Toner – USDA-certified organic skincare Formulated with wild botanicals, hydrating oils, and antioxidant-rich berries, each elixir is crafted to deliver a gentle, concentrated burst of a single, scientifically curated ingredient, ensuring your skin gets the targeted nourishment it needs and the natural remedies it deserves.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Oil – Although I hardly have dry skin I do love to use this. Gives me this beautiful radiant glow and gives me hydration, whilst reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine – Holy grail moisturizer for 2 years now. My mom and best friend even love this moisturizer.
- Soap & Glory Speed Plump All Day Moisturizer – I love this moisturizer cause it keeps my skin hydrated when it starts to feel dry.
- FRESH Rose Deep Hydration – Another holy grail and one that my clients truly love. It smells so good. [Read review]
- GLAMGLOW GLOWSTARTER Illuminating Moisturizers – Perfect to wear alone when you want to rock a glowy skin or even under your makeup. It does come in 3 different shades. [Read review]
- Pixi Beauty 24K Eye Elixir – if you ever have dark under eyes or puffy eye bags from lack of sleep this works amazing on fixing that.
- Elemis Peptide4 Eye Recovery Cream – amazing product to help prevent wrinkles. Nobody likes crows feet.
2018 Best Beauty Products
Now that I covered the skincare part of this post let’s talk about the makeup. Just like the skincare, I am going to keep at least my top 5 because let’s be real here, I loved WAY too many makeup products this year. I will start it off based on how I do my makeup.
- Catrice Prime & Fine Beautifying Primer – it gives a beautiful illuminating look under your foundation (even if it’s full coverage and matte) without making you look like a grease ball. Which most illuminating primers do.
- Bronx Colors Cosmetics Pore Minimizer – A dupe for the Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional and cheap. Instantly hides your pores.
- Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminator – beautiful none glittery illuminating primer.
- Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage – Holy moly if you haven’t tried this foundation you are missing out. Foundation is so long-lasting. [Read review]
- L.A. Girl Pro HD Matte Foundation – If you are oily like me, this is a must and you definitely get good full coverage from this foundation without looking cakey or feels light.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder – Although this is a light foundation and can make an oily person look greasy, I actually have grown to love this foundation. I have found ways to help my t-zone area and nose to not get oily.
- Cover FX Power Play – You can easily build up this foundation to full coverage and it works well with normal, combo and oily skin. [Read Review]
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Tinted Moisturizer – although this isn’t a foundation, I still love to use it as one. I love using this for everyday wear when I don’t want to use an actual foundation. Although I have oily skin I still use a mattifying primer and powder to ensure I don’t get oily throughout the day. [Winter Makeup Routines for Moms]
- Tarte Shape Tape – I didn’t know why everyone was so hyped about this product until I tried it and now I am obsessed.
- Urban Decay All Nighter – Works amazing on oily skin girls. I love it.
- Cover FX Power Play – Not cakey or heavy at all.
- FLOWER Beauty Light Illusion – Although they don’t have a good range of shades, I do love this concealer and the coverage you get from it.
- Catrice Cosmetics Matte Powder – I actually carry this in my purse when I need touch-ups. I love how it easily controls my oily sections.
- Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder – HOLY GRAIL! Although this is meant to match your skin, I do love to use it to set the rest of my face.
- Makeup Revolution Banana Powder – I use this when I want to brighten up my under eyes.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – It’s legit a favorite of mine. I love how it smells and love the finish you get from it. NOT orange at all.
- Essence Matt Bronzer – Another holy grail which I actually use on my clients as well. So beautiful and smells delicious.
- NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer – Still a holy grail of mine.
- Physicians Formula Contour – This comes in 2 different finishes. I prefer the matte version. The banana shade in the palette is amazing to brighten up under the eyes as well.
- Profusion Cosmetics Contour – You can’t even the price of this contour. I love the different shades you get in the palette.
- Essence Satin Blush – For a drugstore product this blush is amazing.
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry – Omg I love the blush in this palette. It’s not so pigmented as it looks. It gives you a subtle flush look.
- Sigma Beauty Aura Blush – Forever my holy grail blush. I have one in my freelance kit too.
- PUR Cosmetics Highlight Palette – This has so many different colors and it doesn’t have glitter. Like some other highlight palettes.
- Thrive Causemetics – I’ve talked about this highlighter on Instagram. I love this highlight so much.
- Profusion Cosmetics Way to Glow Illuminating Kit – This contains a liquid illuminator + 3 different shades of highlighters.
- Almay Instant Glow Duo – This comes with a liquid and stick form of highlight. I love the subtle glow it gives.
- Profusion Brow Case – Has so many different eyebrow powder shades come in the palette.
- NYX Cosmetics Brow Pencil – Freakin’ love this brow pencil. It glides on so smooth.
- Makeup Revolution Pomade – a dupe for the ABH pomade.
- theBalm Cosmetics Furrowcious Brow Pencil – Another favorite pencil of mine.
- Benefit Cosmetics 24HR Brow Setter + 3D BROWtones – I love using both of these as a brow setter.
- Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte – I have been using this palette nonstop because I am able to create any smokey eye look using this palette.
- Urban Decay Naked Cherry – Love the burgundy warm tones in this palette.
- Profusion Cosmetics Bare Eyes – Perfect for everyday wear.
- Charlotte Tilbury Stars In Your Eyes – Although this palette is the priciest palette I own, I do love the colors in this palette.
- NYX Cosmetics Epic Black Mousse – waterproof and non-runny eyeliner.
- theBalm Cosmetics Schwing Black Eyeliner – liquid eyeliner but doesn’t run and it’s matte which I love.
- Winky Lux Feliner Eye Pencil – It’s true black and so creamy.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil – by far one of my favorites. Its waterproof and long-lasting.
- Physicians Formula Killer Curves – FREAKING LOVE THIS!
- Tarte Cosmetics Lights, Camera 4-in-1 – I always have one at home for myself and in my kit for work.
- Winky Lux So Extra Mascara – Although I have been using this mascara for a few weeks, it’s a good ass mascara.
- COVERGIRL Lash Blast Flourish – their wand is my favorite but wish the color was a bit darker when it came to the black mascara. But I still love it.
- NYX Cosmetics Suede Matte Lip Liner – one of my favorite reasonably priced lip liners
- PopBeauty Pout On Point – beautiful shades and perfect on their own
- Urban Decay 24/7 Gide-On – no matter this will always be my favorite.
Regular Lipstick + Liquid Lipsticks:
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte – beautiful for all skin tones.
- ColourPop Creme Lux – LOVE LOVE LOVE how creamy these lipsticks are.
- Dose of Colors – by far one of my favorite long-lasting liquid lipsticks
- Physicians Formula Healthy Lip Velvet – so many beautiful shades and yet the formula is comfortable on the lips.
- Maybelline Super Matte Ink – long lasting liquid lipstick LITERALLY!
Now tell me, what were your favorite beauty products of 2018?