This post is sponsored by Nurx, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Did you know that January is Cervical Health Awareness Month? January is a chance to share information about how women can protect themselves from HPV (human papillomavirus) and cervical cancer. HPV is a very common infection that spreads through sexual activity, and it causes almost all cases of cervical cancer. Every year I go in for my yearly pap smear to make sure that my lady part is healthy. But sometimes that can be a pain trying to go into your doctor’s office or having to wait a few weeks or even months to see your doctor. Mine is always booked 3 months out. Crazy right? Today I am here to talk to you about Nurx.
About Nurx Home HPV Screen Test
Nurx is a healthcare company that provides women all over the U.S. access to convenient, affordable and judgment-free healthcare. While Nurx’s services, like the Home HPV Screening Test, are an incredibly convenient option for anyone, Nurx is especially focused on reaching women who lack access to traditional healthcare services – whether they don’t live near a medical clinic, can’t afford health care, or don’t have health insurance.
Nurx’s Home HPV test is the same quality as a pap smear and is a much more affordable and convenient option to check your risk for cervical cancer. Just like a pap smear at your doctor’s office, the Nurx’s Home HPV test will check for 14 strains of HPV that have a higher risk of leading to cervical cancer. You will get better insight into your risk for cervical cancer and make better decisions about your health.
Did you know that women over 30 don’t get pap smears as often as they should? Home HPV kit for women 25 and over – for women 25-29, it’s a great option to check your risk in between pap smears, although guidelines still recommend getting a pap smear every three years.
Did you know that nearly 80% sexually active women carry HPV at some point in their life? CRAZY because some of these ladies don’t get checked as often as they should because they don’t have health insurance or unable to get to their doctor’s office.
How I Tested Myself for HPV at Home
Nurx Home HPV Screening Test is so convenient. You can easily go to the Nurx Website or download the iOS app to order your own at home screening kit. If you’re someone without insurance, don’t worry the kit is affordable. It’s $69 without insurance. But if you do have insurance, in most cases the cost of the kit is covered. You will only need to pay $15 for shipping and processing.
Here’s how the kit works:
- Download the Nurx app or visit Nurx.com
- Answer a few questions about your health and we’ll ship you a kit straight to your door.
- When you open the kit, you’ll see it includes:
- An extra long q-tip
- A plastic tube
- A plastic bag
- A sticker with a barcode
- And a prepaid return envelope
How to use the Home HPV Kit:
- Hold the swab with one hand and insert the swab just like you would with a tampon
- Gently turn the swab in a circle against the wall of your vagina for 30 seconds.
- Then drop the swab in the tube, and drop it in the bag.
- Place the bag in the pre-paid envelope, and drop it in the mail!
- Once your sample arrives, you’ll get your results from our medical team in just a few days.
- If your results are negative, this means your risk for cervical cancer is very low and do not need additional testing for another three years.
- If your results are positive, this does not mean you have cervical cancer. Our medical team will work closely with you to help figure out the next steps!
If you’re someone who doesn’t have time to go to the doctor’s office, or doesn’t have health insurance, I highly recommend ordering your HPV Screening Kit. You want to make sure that you don’t any signs of HPV or cervical cancer. Bonus: You can also order birth control prescribed & delivered to your home from Nurx too!