I can’t believe it’s been a month since Brian and I tied the knot. We had a beautiful wedding and we can’t wait to see our photos from our photographer. She’s been teasing me with sneak peeks and I must say, I’m loving them so far. I cried so much during the toasts and when I danced with my son. Even though I didn’t think I would cry because I am not a crier, my makeup held up so good the entire night. I was sad when I had to remove it when we got back to the hotel.
Now you’re probably wondering, did you hire a makeup artist or did you do your own? I did my own PLUS my 4 bridesmaids and mother. I knew I didn’t want to hire a makeup artist considering the fact I do this for a living so why would I.
I went back and forth on what I wanted to do for my wedding day. I couldn’t decide whether or not I wanted to do something simple/subtle or go full glam. And yes, I did so many trials on myself. One thing I wanted to use was the Urban Decay x Game of Thrones eyeshadow palette. This eyeshadow caught my attention and it had to be apart of my wedding makeup.
For your wedding day, you want to make sure that you have clean skin. This means washing your face and using a good moisturizer to help your skin hydrated. You don’t want to have any residue or old makeup. Below are the skincare products I used the morning of my wedding.
Now that you know what skincare products I used on the wedding day, here’s the list of makeup products I used. I ended up doing my makeup trial on myself and making the final decision a week before the wedding. I didn’t use anything new because I knew that testing anything out a week before the wedding was a bad idea.
- Primer: Covergirl Trublend Matte + Benefit Cosmetics Porefessionals
- Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear
- Concealer: COVER FX Power Play
- Setting Powder: Ciate London + Pop Beauty Velvet Powder
- Bronzer: Wet’n Wild Icon
- Powder Contour: PUR Cosmetics Soiree Diaries contour palette (sold out)
- Blush: Essence Satin Blush (Coral 10)
- Highlight: Urban Decay x Game of Thrones “Mother of Dragons” palette (sold out)
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay De-slick
- Primer: Urban Decay Potion Primer
- Eye Pencil: Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eyes “Aurora”
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay x Game of Thrones palette (shades: House Lannister, Nymeria, Lannister Red, Winterfell, and Winter is Here) & ColourPop Pressed Powder Shadow “The Virgo”
- Eyeliner: L.A Girl Gel Eyeliner + 24/7 Glide-On (Smoke)
- Mascara: Urban Decay Perversion (waterproof)
- Lashes: Ardell Studio Effects (Demi Wispies)
- Brows: The Balm Furrowlicious