Hello, 2020! I hope you all had a fabulous New Year’s Eve. As always at the beginning of the year, I love to share all of my favorite products of the year. I tried out lots of new products in 2019 that I loved but these are the only ones that are making the list. Last year I shared my top 5 favorite products for each category but I am only going to share 1-3 products for each category.
On top of sharing my 2019 favorite beauty products, I am also going to be bringing back my monthly beauty favorites. These will be posted on the last Friday of each month. I hoping that each month, I get to try out new products whether bought or gifted.
This year I am partnering with Cierra so be sure you look at her post cause I’m sure we have different items we loved.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Which means if you choose to purchase something from this post, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting Jasmine Maria Blog! Full disclaimer here.
Best Beauty Products of 2019
I am going to start with skincare because I did try out a lot of new skincare products so I am excited to share with you which ones were my favorite.
- Tula Purifying Face Cleanser – After giving in to the hype, I finally see why this is everyone’s favorite cleanser. I love how it makes my skin feel after using it. It’s a gel formula that goes deep into pores to remove impurities without stripping or over-drying skin
- Olay Scrubs Pore Perfecting – I’ve actually talked about this scrub before on the blog and I haven’t stopped using it. I actually use this at night when I have taken off my makeup.
- Olay Overnight Gel Mask – I am using this 1-2x a week to ensure I take care of my skin cause mama bear doesn’t want to look wrinkly.
- PUR Cosmetics Soak It Up Moisturizer – This is such a hydrating moisturizer and I love it because no matter what your skin needs hydration.
- Lilah B Aglow Face Mist – I love to use this after I have applied my moisturizer to give my skin a beautiful glow when I am not wearing makeup. You can use it as a setting spray.
Best Beauty Products of 2019
- Covergirl TruBlend Base Matte – This primer was amazing on my skin this year. Kept my t-zone and any areas of my skin that gets oily, stay matte.
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow – I got a sample size of this primer and I was immediately hooked. It gives you this beautiful glow underneath your foundation. You can even wear it alone.
- Makeup Revolution Blur – I’ve tested many drugstore blurring primers and this one is by far the best one. It’s not thick and it’s a gel-based.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear – Use this foundation for my wedding. It was the best decision I made. I loved the coverage and how light-weight it felt on the skin.
- PUR Cosmetics Love Your Selfie – This foundation I reviewed and I haven’t stopped using the foundation. It gives beautiful coverage and the best part it’s a 4-in-1. [Read the review here]
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define – This is definitely a dupe for the Tarte Shape Tape. I’ve mentioned this concealer so many times. I love the formula, how lightweight it is compared to the Tarte Shape Tape and it’s also super cheap. If you haven’t yet tried it, you need to!
- Covergirl TruBlend Undercover – For this being a drugstore concealer, it literally works like a high-end. Full coverage, not cakey, long-lasting and light-weight.
- Ciate London Extraordinary Powder – HOLY CANNOLI! This powder is BOMB. I used this for my wedding and was so happy with it. It blurred my skin and kept my skin matte all day.
- Wet’n Wild Color Icon Bronzer – Another great buy this year. I loved it so much I put one for my freelance kit. It’s not orange or gray tones. You get a beautiful summer warmth to your skin.
- Makeup Revolution Mega Bronzer – It’s a matte warm bronzer. I was impressed with how super pigmented bronzer. You do get a beautiful glow with this bronzer.
[Relatable Post: RIKI SKINNY MIRROR – Must-Have Mirror for Makeup]
If you’re wondering why I don’t have a contour palette it’s because I’ve been using the exact same ones. I haven’t done any shopping for new ones. I want to finish the ones I have first.
- Rimmel London Maxi Blush – For a drugstore blush, I was pretty impressed with the pigmentation. I have all four shades and I highly recommend them.
- Physicians Formula Rose All Day Petal Glow – This smells so good. I love how it gives a beautiful glow and it’s not glittery at all.
- Lilah B Glisten & Glow Skin – It’s a cream to powder highlight. I love to use this on top of my foundation before I set my face.
- Essence Micro Brow Pencil – This pencil is an amazing brow pencil especially for the price. I love the pigmentation and how easy it is to use. I have been using this non-stop.
- ColourPop Brow Pencil – I love how many shades they have in this brow pencil. Super easy to use as well.
- Too Faced Natural Matte Neutral – This is an all matte palette that has beautiful neutral shades. I can definitely use this for everyday wear. It has been my go-to eyeshadow palette.
- Sephora Collection Eye Love – I have this in medium warm because of my skin tone and it has beautiful matte & shimmer eyeshadows. That you can definitely use every day.
- Urban Decay Perversion Liquid Liner – Only eyeliner I have been using all year. It’s waterproof and long-lasting. It’s also easy to use.
- Rimmel London Micro Liner – For a drugstore liquid eyeliner this eyeliner is waterproof and smudge-proof. It’s also pigmented.
- Urban Decay Perversion (Waterproof) – The regular Perversion mascara was one of my favorites and the fact they came out with a waterproof, I was happy. It’s just as good as the regular one.
- Essence Volume Hero – This mascara is under $5 and the wand that comes with it is amazing on separating the lashes and creating volume to the eyes.
- NYX Slim Lip Pencil – Super easy to use on the lips considering it’s a wood lip pencil.
- Essence Soft Contouring – Just like the NYX lip pencil except it’s much creamier.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Matte – I am obsessed with this lipstick. It’s a comfortable matte. Not as long-lasting because it’s a regular lipstick.
- L’Oreal Infallible Les Macarons Liquid Lipstick – This has been my go-to lipstick. Long-lasting and comfortable for being a liquid lipstick.
- MAC Matte Lipstick – This was my first MAC product and I truly loved this formula. Especially for it being a regular lipstick.
Below you’ll find a few of my favorite beauty tools so far this year and hair products I truly loved.