This post is sponsored by NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Creating a routine for yourself as an adult is pretty easy unless you’re like me who tends to get nights where I can’t sleep so my morning routine gets all screwed up. But when it comes to my kids, that can be hard sometimes, especially in the morning during the summer. Both my boys love to sleep in (I mean what kid doesn’t?). Now that school is about to begin, we are going back to a morning routine.
5 Tips for Early Morning Routine for Kids
1. Create a Nighttime Routine – Now that summer is almost over (less than 3 weeks for us), my boys will be making sure they are taking showers, brushing their teeth and going to bed by 8 pm. Sleep is so important for kids to be able to get up early in the morning. Not enough sleep means unhappy cranky little boys.
2. Wake Up Early – Our normal wake up routine at home during the weekdays is 6:30 am. But what I love to do is set the alarm for myself at least 10-15 mins earlier so that I am able to go to the boy’s room turn on their bedroom light. This will help them know that its time to start waking up. So when 6:30 am rolls around, I can tell them it’s time to get up.[bctt tweet=”5 Tips for Early Morning Routine for Kids! ” username=”thejasminemaria”]
3. Avoid Hitting the Snooze Button – By hitting that snooze every 5 minutes you are not only taking away from other important morning routines but you’re also implementing a bad habit for your child.
4. Eat Breakfast – I always tell my kids that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We love to make sure that we are all eating breakfast as a family. I love making breakfast for my kids and fiancé. A new food item we have added to the boy’s breakfast is the NEW NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Super Breakfast. It’s helping my boys eat a balanced breakfast made with REAL milk and packed with 12 grams of protein and calcium. Here are a few reasons why my boys love the NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® SUPER BREAKFAST:
- Made with 100% real milk.
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.
- Great source of protein with 12 grams.
- Flavored with real cocoa.
- No high fructose corn syrup.
- Vitamins A and D.
- Certified kosher.
- 30% daily value of calcium.
- Tastes delicious.
5. Get Chores Done – Chores in the morning for my boys means, packing their snack and lunch for school, making sure they are picking up their table area after they are done with eating breakfast, help load the dishes into the dishwasher, and making sure they have everything they need for school in their backpacks.
Do you have a routine for your child?