I may be late in the game when it comes to the LIMITED EDITION ColourPop Gimme Butterflies palette. I recently purchased this palette (a month ago to be exact) and something about this palette called my name. First off, let’s talk about the packaging. Fun fact I’m terrified of butterflies in person. If I see them around me, I will run and scream. Don’t ask me why, because I know that they are harmless. Don’t get me wrong, they’re beautiful insects but don’t come around me lol.
[asym_gallery style=”style_one” full=”no” layout=”portrait”]
[asym_gallery style=”style_one” full=”no” layout=”portrait”][/asym_gallery]
ColourPop Gimme Butterflies
What drew me to this palette was definitely the packaging. The packaging is so beautiful and it’s pink. I love the color pink. Now let’s talk about the eyeshadows. The palette comes with 12 eyeshadows containing 6 matte shades, 2 metallic shades, 2 pressed pigments, and 2 pressed glitter shades. This palette is definitely colorful. You are mainly getting pink and red tones in this palette. Aside from the two pressed glitters, the other shades were definitely blendable and pigmented.
- UR A CATCH – is pale, warmer gold with a soft pearly sheen.
- OVER IT – light, peachy coral with strong, warm undertones and a metallic sheen.
- WOKE – brighter, medium-dark coral with strong, warm undertones and a matte finish.
- MAKING MOVES – bright, orange-coral with a matte finish and warm undertones.
- FAIR PLAY – brighter, medium-dark pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish.
- WINGED – medium pink with subtle, warm undertones in its base-paired with much warmer, gold shimmer and micro-sparkle throughout. [PRESSED GLITTER]
- GET LOST – translucent base with a mix of fine, iridescent white gold glitter, small, hexagon-shaped gold glitter, and then large, hexagon-shaped multi-colored glitter. [PRESSED GLITTER]
- GLIDER – bright, medium-dark red with strong, cool pink undertones and a matte finish.
- OVERPACKED – multi-colored glitter over a translucent base but reads primarily as a warmer pink glitter with some multi-colored particles mixed in.
- LABYRINTH – soft, peachy coral with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage with less than half of a layer more.
- SKIPPER – rich, raspberry pink with cool undertones and a matte finish.
- BLOOMIN’ – muted, medium-dark plum with moderate, warm undertones and flecks of gold micro-sparkle over a matte finish.
I personally didn’t like the pressed glitters. I didn’t see the point of them in the palette. When using the pressed glitters you have to use your fingers. You also can’t swipe the glitter on your eyelid, you have to tap it on to your eyelids. Which I don’t like at all. It’s also messy. Gets everywhere on your face and you’d think with it being a pressed glitter it wouldn’t.
Another thing too is that the pressed pigment and glitters are not intended for use in the immediate eye area.
Would I reuse this palette? Maybe just for the metallics and matte shades. The pressed pigments and glitters are probably shades I won’t ever use. I can also see myself using this palette in the spring/summer-time. The colors are beautiful, bright and bold.
This palette is also no longer available. Looking at Ulta’s website they no longer have it and neither does ColourPop.