Nobody likes it when their makeup doesn’t last a long time, especially in the summer. I am here to share with you guys a few tips that have helped me to ensure that my makeup lasts a long time. Even on a hot humid day. Now keep in mind I can’t control your sweat. This is something I tell my clients as well. Using the right makeup products and these tips are going to help ensure your makeup lasts throughout the day.
Long-Lasting Makeup Routine
When it comes to my long-lasting makeup routine first thing first is making sure I have clean skin. Meaning I have cleansed, toned, and moisturized my skin. Doing this ensures me that I have no oils or dirt on my skin, gives a clean fresh skin for makeup. Whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin, always wash your face in the morning. Having dirty skin is not going to help your makeup last all day.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Which means if you choose to purchase something from this post, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting Jasmine Maria Blog! Full disclaimer here.
- Oily/Combo Skin: Use a primer that is matte. This is going to help control your natural oils from coming through your makeup. You can check out this blog post on which primers are my favorite. Dry Skin: Use a primer that is hydrating (dewy).
- Always apply setting spray after applying your primer. This is going to help your makeup stick to your skin and make sure it doesn’t move. I prefer the Urban Decay All Nighter I think it works amazingly with all skin types. I use this on my clients whether they have oily, combination, or dry skin. It works on all skin types.
- Apply setting spray after you have finished with your face makeup. I promise using a setting spray is what’s going to keep your makeup from falling apart.
- Use a long-lasting foundation and concealer.
- Don’t use so much product! Meaning you don’t want to add layers of foundation or concealer. Layering up the foundation or concealer is not going to last all day.
Below are all the products I used on my face. These products I’ve talked and used for a long time. I absolutely love them. LIP COLOR: Besame Cosmetics – Red Velvet
- Urban Decay All Nighter Primer
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
- e.l.f Cosmetics 16hr Camo Concealer
- Catrice Cosmetics Mattifying Powder + L.A. Girl Pro Matte Powder
- Winky Lux Coffee Scented Bronzer
- J.Cat Beauty Symphony Face Obsession
- Rimmel London Maxi Blush
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit
- Makeup Revolution Mattifying Setting Spray