Thanks to U.S. Cellular for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions and thoughts presented are entirely my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Jasmine Maria Blog.
Did you guys know I love to bake? If you didn’t, well now you know. I love baking especially when it’s the holidays. I find pleasure in doing these sweet treats for my family and friends. When we host a gathering at our apartment, I always come up with a menu so my guest knows what’s on the menu.
5 Reasons We Use Our Mobile Devices as Kitchen Assistants
1. I used to be old fashioned and would write down a list of things I needed from the grocery store but let’s be real, it’s 2019 and I am on my phone more. I love using my Google Home Nest Hub Max. What I love about using it is that I can tell her “Hey Google, please add eggs, flour, sugar to the grocery list” and she will. I can easily find it in my Google Home app. Now, you also have the option to have Google place the order for you through supporting apps, like Walmart.
2. I can set reminders with my Google Home Nest Hub Max. It’s busy this time of the year, lots to do and I want to make sure I don’t forget about something that I am supposed to do or attend. Just have to tell Google, “Hey Google, set a reminder for Friday to go grocery shopping.”
3. While I am baking, I personally love to listen to music. I mean it’s either relaxing or gets me pumped up to do all the cooking/baking in the kitchen. I just simply tell Google “Hey Google, play some music” and she will play my list on Spotify account.
4. Now you’re probably wondering if I have a “recipe box” for the recipes I use when it comes to baking? No. I actually prefer to use the Yummly or Cookpad app on my iPhone – I have the 11 Pro Max – to save recipes I find online. This is so convenient because the Yummly app gives you the option to add the ingredients to your shopping list. The Cookpad is more for those who create their own special recipe and want to share with others. People can add it to their recipe folder and make comments about the recipes. Both apps are free but have options for upgrades. I also love having the Otterbox (it has a built-in Popsocket!) on my iPhone because I use my phone to look at the recipe without having to turn a page. It’s all right there.
5. I don’t use my iPhone to set a reminder because of dirty hands, instead, I can tell Google to set a timer for a specific time and once the timer is up, she will beep/ring to remind that I need to take the dessert out of the oven.
We live in an era where technology is our main source for everything. So why not use it efficiently? Mobile devices assist us in so many aspects of our lives, why not let them help us while are cooking. It’s helpful for me because I can create a perfect and stress-free holiday meal or dessert. I mean, isn’t the holiday season all about togetherness and spending quality time with one another?