Let’s talk about pool essentials today. One of the perks about living where we do is the fact we have a pool. We get to enjoy it during the summer months. Even though we live next to the pool house, we definitely like to pack things so we are not having to go back and forth to the house. I am going to be sharing with you some must-have essentials when it comes to the pool and I’m breaking it down for you as well.
Pool Day Must-Have Essentials For Everyone
Let’s start with the kids. Because I have 2 boys ages 10 & 12, I have to make sure that I have everything in my pool bag. Some essentials that are a must for them are:
- Snacks: their favorite is the CLIF Kid Protein Bars. It keeps their bellies a little full until we come back inside to eat.
- Stainless Steel Water Bottles: We love the Owala Water Bottles. They are the best when it comes to keeping your water cold for hours especially when you put ice inside of it.
- Sunscreen: My youngest is not able to use the same sunscreen as us because he has very sensitive skin. We always pack them the SuperGoop Everyday Lotion + Unseen Sunscreen. These are amazing for my boys and my youngest doesn’t break out. We prefer to use Coola Sunscreen Spray instead. Both brands are great and they’re clean ingredients.
- Sunglasses: You can’t forget about these. When they’re laying out by the sun they need protection.
- Water Toys: We love getting the boys their own water toys because then they are able to play with one another and we don’t have to worry about entertaining them.
Now let’s break down must-have essentials for the adults. Let’s start off with her!
- Brumate Slim Insulated Can Cooler: I don’t know about you but I love having drinks by the pool, especially seltzers. Ever since we got a few last years, I have been bringing mine in the pool bag because we can have our favorite drinks.
- Towel Chair Clips: Another must so your towels do not slide down or fly away.
- Insulated Bag: I got one of these last year and I haven’t changed my mind since. I absolutely love that I can have this in my pool bag, keep any medications, sunscreens, smartwatches, and phones inside of it and protect it from the heat and sun. Everyone needs one.
- Face Sunscreen: A product I have to have in my bag is the Tula Protect + Glow Daily Sunscreen because not only does it protect your face from the sun but also gives you a beautiful glow.
- Pool/Beach Bag Tote: I am the one that ends up having to carry everything for everyone so having a cute tote is a must for me. I love this Straw Tote. It’s big enough to fit the items I need.
- Book: I personally love to read and if you’re like me, having an actual book is really nice because you can step away from the electronics. Looking for summer reads check out this post: 5 Books on My Summer Reading List.
- Cooler Backpacks: I got my husband this one and it was totally worth it. He loves that he’s able to use it as a backpack vs having to carry the drinks in a traditional cooler.
- Bluetooth Speaker: Can’t forget a speaker for some tunes while you’re poolside.
- Brumate Hopsulator Duo Cooler: If your man doesn’t like seltzers and prefers beer, Brumate also has a beer can version.
What are some essentials you need when you go to the pool?