We are a family that loves eating pie, especially during the holidays. If it’s chocolate even better. We love having S’mores in the summer but its sort of hard to once it gets cold. I made this delicious S’ mores Pie and it was such a delicious hit in the house. Now let me tell you a funny story about when I made this pie.
When I made the pie and was getting to the broiling the marshmallows, I nearly burned down my parent’s kitchen. But hey that’s what cooking is all about, trial and errors. I didn’t realize how quick the marshmallows would roast so I left it unattended for like 5 seconds. I highly suggest and recommend keeping an eye out for it. Once you see it’s golden pull it out of the oven. Not everyone’s oven is the same so definitely don’t leave it unattended.
- 1 Keeblers Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 1 bag of Marshmallows
- 10 oz of Semi-Sweet chocolate chunks
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
1. In a sauce pan warm up the milk and heavy whipping cream whisking so it doesn’t burn. Once its come to a boil, add in the semi-sweet chunks and then whisk in the eggs. Make sure you keep whisking so the eggs don’t cook.
2. Remove the chocolate from the stove and pour it in the graham cracker crust. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Cook the pie for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven. Turn on the broil on the oven. LOW. Make sure that the grill bars aren’t too close to the broil. Add the marshmallows onto the pie and broil until its golden brown on top. So about 3 minutes or less.
4. Remove from oven and place in the fridge for 3 hours and serve.