When we booked our cruise, I went on a hunt to find out what we should pack when it came to cruises. I will tell you this, a lot of the things I read was repetitive things but after my first experience on the cruise, there were things I DEFINITELY learned.
What To Pack For Your Cruise
For this post, I will only be sharing items such as clothing, shoes, and other essentials. All beauty + skincare will be posted tomorrow.
Personal Tote (For Flight)
- Cruise Boarding Pass (which you need to print off for easier boarding)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cash and Debit/Credit Cards
- Photo I.D.
- Insurance Cards (never know when you’ll need them)
- Electronics + Chargers
- Headphones (be sure to have the original Apple Phone headphones because on our flight back home Brian had the newer headphones and he wasn’t able to use it for the personal tv’s American Airline had)
- Glasses + Contact Lenses + Solution (make sure to get the 3oz travel size)
- Gum (for yourself and different flavor kids)
- Refillable Water Bottle (always handy for flights and on the cruise)
- Medicine (Do not pack this in your luggage. I made a mistake packing ibuprofen in my luggage and I ended up having to buy a pack at the airport because I got a headache right before my flight)
- Kleenex Tissues (so handy to have if you’re someone who has allergies)
Related Post: Carnival Cruise Recap + VLOG
Kids Backpack (For Flight)
We decided to get the boys a small backpack for them to carry their own items that they’ll need for the flight.
- Chapstick with SPF
- Electronics (DS, iPads + chargers)
- Pillow Pets
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Tank tops (plenty of them)
- Shorts (casual and basketball shorts)
- Tennis Shoes
- Swim Trunks
- Water Shoes
- Kids Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more the better)
- Aloe Gel Cream
- Loofahs (for showering)
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Which means if you choose to purchase something from this post, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting Jasmine Maria Blog! Full disclaimer here.
- Strapless bras (this would have been nice to have when I was sunburned)
- Flip Flops (I only had these flip flops and this was the worst the decision ever. I needed some comfy ones like from Old Navy)
- Comfy Shorts (I only had denim shorts and I didn’t even wear them because I was sunburned on my thighs and it was uncomfortable)
- Sneakers (These and these were so comfy to wear)
- Dresses ( I wore this, this, and this dresses a lot because they were so comfy and flowy)
- Water Shoes
- Beach Tote
- Plastic Bags – this will keep your dirty clothes from touching your clean clothes in the suitcase
- Floppy Hat (was a lifesaver on my face when we were out in the sun)
- Variety of swimsuits (I packed this one and this one)
- Waterproof phone case
Things I wish I would have packed in our suitcases:
- Water Toys – for the boys to play at the beach.
- Power Strip or Converters/Adapters – because you only get 2 normal size outlets and the rest are cruise outlets.
- BLOW DRYER – the blow dryer on the cruise SUCKED! It literally took me 1.5 hours to just blow dry my hair so I could use my flat iron to straighten it.
- Bluetooth Speakers – always handy when getting ready in the room because you only get like 4 working channels on the TV.
- T-Shirts – I didn’t bring any and that was a huge regret of mine.
- Cheap flip flops from Old Navy to walk around in because using leather sandals wasn’t comfortable.
- PJs – How did I forget to pack comfortable pajamas. I would prefer to bring those cute tanks + shorts pajamas set instead of my plaid pants.